The webinar provided a brief introduction to the status of sex-disaggregated data and gender statistics in climate related sectors and shared information on some current developments and initiatives that are working to address the above-mentioned gaps.
The video is available now:
- Welcome and introduction (Secretariat)
- Introduction of the Global Center of Excellence on Gender Statistics, their work, expertise and services (Paulina Grobet, UN Women Coordinator of the Global Centre of Excellence on Gender Statistics)
- Gender disaggregated data in Asia and the Pacific - Introduction of regional initiative and developments on addressing gaps in gender disaggregated data and statistics on climate change (Sara Duerto Valero, Statistics Specialist at UN Women’s Regional Office for Asia and the Pacific)
- Questions and Answers
Paulina Grobet, UN Women Coordinator of the Global Centre of Excellence on Gender Statistics
Sara Duerto Valero, Statistics Specialist at UN Women’s Regional Office for Asia and the Pacific
Additional resources shared by the speakers:
- Paper with the Asia-Pacific Indicator proposal: Mainstreaming gender in environment statistics for the SDGs and beyond: Identifying priorities in Asia and the Pacific
- European indicators on environment.
If you missed the event or you want to see it again, the recorded video is now available: