2019 Forum of the Standing Committee on Finance
Dates: 2 days during the week of 9th September (to be confirmed)
Venue: United Nations Economic and Social Commission for Western Asia
The theme of 2019 SCF Forum, will be "Climate Finance and Sustainable Cities", with the following sub-themes:
- Financing cities' low emission development;
- Financing climate-resilient cities;
- Capacity-building of local authorities to finance sustainable cities;
- The role of climate finance in facilitating a transition towards inclusive, participatory and gender-responsive and youth-oriented cities.
The objective of the Forum is to enhance the understanding on how to accelerate the mobilization and delivery of climate finance for sustainable cities by:
(1) Bringing together key stakeholders and sharing good practices and lessons learned in financing sustainable cities and integrating climate considerations into cities’ broader domestic infrastructure development, and urban planning processes;
(2) Identifying challenges faced by actors at the city level to access and attract climate finance and sharing information on available support and;
(3) Exploring the role of climate finance to facilitate inclusive, participatory, gender-responsive and youth-oriented cities.
Programme: Please download the provisional programme (v. 25 March 2019)
Should you have any questions, please send them to: email@example.com.