The following page provides information on the participation of Non-Profit Civil Society Organizations registered in Spain, at COP 25:
In accordance with Article 7, paragraph 6 of the UNFCCC Convention, Parties to the Convention, United Nations and related organizations and agencies, media and already admitted non-profit observer organizations may attend the sessions of the Convention. Conferences are not open to the public.
If an organization is not admitted, i.e. does not carry official observer status with the UNFCCC and has missed the deadline for admission, or if an organization is not eligible for admission, the representatives of that organization have the option of being nominated and confirmed to attend sessions by already-admitted observer organizations, who agree to include participants from that organization in their delegation.
A special procedure has been put in place to enable enhanced access to Non-Profit Civil Society Organizations registered in Spain, which are not admitted as observers in the UNFCCC process. This special procedure, explained below, will enable the participation of those organizations at COP 25 on a one off basis.
In order to facilitate this, the Secretariat has made an online form available (in English). Civil society organizations who wish to actively participate at COP 25 and enter in the “Blue Zone” are kindly requested to fill out this online form, submitting relevant details and providing supporting documentation, at the latest by 13 November 2019 23:59 CET. Please note that the submission can only be processed in English.
The application process will have the following steps:
- Applicants shall apply for special admission through the above mentioned online form(see link above).
- A short perfunctory review/assessment will be undertaken to ensure the coherence and balanced distribution of organizations in line with the constituencies of UNFCCC and all applicants will be informed of the outcome accordingly.
- The admitted applicants will be sent to their selected constituency or organization’s focal points in order to obtain accreditation badges for COP 25.
- Additional badges will be allocated to identified voluntary organizations to support this initiative.
- All applicants are expected to adhere to UNFCCC guidelines for participation: https://unfccc.int/sites/default/files/guidelines_for_the_participation_of_ngos.pdf
- Important guidelines can be found under https://unfccc.int/process/conferences/un-climate-change-conference-november-2017/venue-and-participation/participation-and-registration
Additionally, please refer to the Website from the Government of the Kingdom of Spain for further information on COP 25: https://www.miteco.gob.es/es/cambio-climatico/temas/cop25/default.aspx
For civil society participation in the green zone of COP 25, please refer to this link: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSeCunW8WbIlfzRsDmjHuzD1lgS-0oJrNUEuCl8cIWj2QQNIVA/viewform