UN Climate Change News, 5 April 2018 - UN Climate Change is launching today a webinar series to support developing nations in reporting on their efforts to tackle climate change.
The series aims to provide a platform for practitioners to focus in-depth on specific methods or tools, across all the themes, namely, greenhouse gas inventory, mitigation, vulnerability and adaptation, and support.
The webinar series will focus on:
- How a country can better implement the current Measurement, Reporting and Verification (MRV) arrangements under the UN Framework Convention on Climate Change (UNFCCC)
- How a country can better showcase its climate action on mitigation and adaptation through national communications and biennial update reports
- Methodologies used and tools available
- Lessons learned and good practices from developing countries.
The webinars, 45-60 minutes in duration, will be held in the first and third week of each month. They will be offered in English, Spanish and French, as resources permit.
The kick-off webinar on “Introduction to MRV process and cross-cutting issues” will start at 3 pm (CET) on 5 April 2018. The topics covered will include:
- Introduction to the 2018 webinar series
- Overview of the MRV process for developing countries
- Explanation of the institutional arrangements that are needed for MRV systems
- Process for gender mainstreaming when preparing national reports.
The webinar series is organized by the Consultative Group of Experts on National Communications from Parties not included in Annex I to the Convention (CGE), an expert group that provides technical assistance and advice to developing countries to participate effectively in the MRV arrangements under the UNFCCC.
Subsequent sessions will be programmed based on the emerging interests and priorities of the countries.
Stay in touch
For further information on the CGE’s training materials and tools, click here.
To stay updated on this webinar series, “like” the Mitigation and Transparency Exchange Facebook page.