The Conference of Parties, at its twenty-fourth session, decided to establish the Local Communities and Indigenous Peoples Platform (LCIPP) Facilitative Working Group (FWG) to facilitate the implementation of the functions of the Platform (decision 2/CP.24, paras 1 and 2). It also requested that “the secretariat, with the support of the Facilitative Working Group, to make the work of the Local Communities and Indigenous Peoples Platform widely accessible, including through the development of a dedicated web portal on the Local Communities and Indigenous Peoples Platform on the UNFCCC website” (decision 2/CP.24, para 21).
Objective of the dialogue
The dialogue aims to provide a space for all stakeholders of the LCIPP to provide their views as well as best practices and lessons learned to enable the web portal to effectively and efficiently support the implementation of the LCIPP’s functions. The dialogue will serve as a basis for the concept phase. Further discussions will take place on the sidelines of the upcoming SB session in Bonn, Germany.
Setting and timing
The dialogue will take place on 2 April 2019 via the online service WebEx in English, French and Spanish as follows:
- English: 09:00-10:30 CET AND another one at 16:00-17:30 CET
- French: 11:00-12:30 CET
- Spanish: 13:00-14:30 CET
The dialogue will be divided into 4 main topics with the following guiding questions:
- Knowledge sharing:
- What type of knowledge would you like to see shared on the portal? This could include, for example, examples of the application of traditional knowledge, good practice, technologies, efforts of local communities and indigenous peoples related to climate change adaptation and mitigation.
- To make the portal fit for purpose: what would you/your constituency mainly use the portal for?
- How would your community prefer to access the portal, via mobile phone, tablet or desktop computers? Would offline access to content be important for you?
- Free, prior and informed consent:
- What good practices and lessons learned can be deployed to ensure the principles of free, prior and informed consent on knowledge shared via the portal be safeguarded?
You can register for the respective sessions via the links below:
- 09:00-10:30 CET (English)
- 11:00-12:30 CET (French)
- 13:00-14:30 CET (Spanish)
- 16:00-17:30 CET (English)
If you are unable to join a dialogue, please feel free to email your ideas/suggestions to:
Tiffany Hodgson (firstname.lastname@example.org ).
For technical questions related to the WebEx Dialogue, please contact: