On 2 May at this year's Bonn UN Climate Conference, the secretariat of UN Climate Change is hosting a special briefing on the Global Climate Action Summit, which is taking place this September in San Francisco.
The event, which will be webcast live and is open to media and to all delegates on location, will demonstrate that bold action is already underway to implement the Paris Climate Change Agreement from all actors of society, in every corner of the globe; and will therefore include a number of breakthrough climate action announcements.
Speaking at this event are:
- Patricia Espinosa, Executive Secretary of UN Climate Change and Co-host of the Summit
- Anirban Ghosh, Chief Sustainability Officer of the Mahindra Group
- Nick Nuttall, Spokesperson & Communications Director, The Global Climate Action Summit
- Time: 13:15-13:45 CEST (Bonn time), 2 May
- Location: Room Nairobi 4, World Conference Center, Bonn
- In-person attendance: Open to everyone accredited for the Bonn Climate Conference
- Virtual attendance via Webcast
We look forward to welcoming all participants in Bonn to this briefing, showcasing how the real world economy is mobilizing to spur bolder action ahead of the UN Climate Change Conference in Katowice, Poland (COP24) at the end of the year.
News media following the briefing via webcast can ask questions to the panelists in advance of the event by sending an email to press(at)unfccc.int. During the briefing, the moderator of the panel, Michael Williams, will take questions to the panelists per SMS: +49 151 7433 2825.