Enhanced cooperation and facilitation in relation to comprehensive risk management (CRM) approaches (including assessment, reduction, transfer and retention) is the strategic workstream (c) of the five-year workplan of the Executive Committee. This enhanced cooperation and facilitation aims at addressing and building long-term resilience of countries, vulnerable populations and communities to loss and damage, including in relation to extreme and slow onset events, inter alia, through:
- Emergency preparedness, including early warning systems;
- Measures to enhance recovery and rehabilitation and build back/forward better;
- Social protection instruments, including social safety nets; and
- Transformational approaches.
- Establishing a technical expert group on CRM approaches (TEG-CRM);
- Identifying, through the TEG-CRM, gaps and identifying and develop methodologies to enhance knowledge and understanding of CRM approaches, providing information on tools and instruments addressing the limits of current CRM approaches and actions to facilitate transformational approaches, and identifying ways to enhance the Fiji Clearing House for Risk Transfer;
- Discussing collaboration with the Technology Executive Committee, including on the area of technologies for coastal zones;
- Facilitating stakeholder engagement and capacity building;
- Facilitating the development of guidance, as appropriate, for creating comprehensive risk profiles, risk management strategies and approaches, and climate risk insurance solutions; and
- Collecting awareness-raising strategies, related knowledge products and methodologies to enhance the understanding of CRM approaches to be made accessible to and used by national governments.
For further information on activities of the Executive Committee on CRM approaches, see the five-year workplan.
Information and knowledge resources on comprehensive risk management approaches
The Executive Committee of the Warsaw International Mechanism is collecting feedback on a draft paper-based compendium on comprehensive risk management approaches. Read more >>>
Questionnaire on climate risk analysis/management
Summaries of responses to the questionnaires under Action Area 5 by: