This page provide information on the application process, and eligibility and selection criteria for side events and exhibits
- Observer organizations duly admitted by the Conference of the Parties are eligible to apply for one side event slot and/or one exhibit. For information on the admission process for observer organizations, please click here.
- Parties to the UNFCCC must partner with an observer organization in order to be eligible to apply for a side event slot and/or an exhibit slot. Please review the information note on further details for Party applicants.
- UN system organizations and specialized agencies.
Applications for side events and exhibits can only be received through the Side Events and Exhibits Online Registration System (SEORS) during the respective application period.
During the application period an “Apply for” button will appear on the respective SEORS conference page, which will allow users to create a personal account through which applications can be submitted. Please note that all applicants must register for a new personal account in SEORS for each session. Your user name and password from the previous sessions do not work.
SEORS does not allow for the submission of 'pre-merged' applications. Applicants wishing to submit a joint application should apply separately, and thereafter merge using the merge function within SEORS.
How to submit joint applications
Please refer to the Side events and exhibits application manual for detailed information on the application process Side events and exhibits application manual.
SELECTION AND ALLOCATION CRITERIA
- Following criteria are taken into consideration for the selection of side events and exhibits:
- One application per Party/observer organization;
- Joint applications of as many observer organizations as possible;
- Applications from NGOs in Non-Annex I countries;
- Assessment of relevance to issues under discussion/negotiation at the particular session;
- Balance among observer constituencies;
- Balance among topic themes;
- Intended gender balance of the speakers.
- Following criteria are taken into consideration for the allocation of side events and exhibits:
- Feasibility of preferred dates;
- Avoidance of thematic overlaps per time slot (side events only);
- Alignment of similar themes in the same room (side events only); and
- Size of the expected participation level and room size (side events only).
- Capacity and availability of side events slots and exhibit booths, facilities and resources.
- The secretariat reminds applicants that it reserves the right to reschedule or cancel side events at any time in the interest of the negotiating process.
- The secretariat also reserves the right to reallocate or cancel exhibits that exceed the authorized space or that are not set up on the first day of the booking period without any notice to the secretariat.
- Access to side event rooms is limited to duly registered conference participants.
For further information please refer to the FAQ and the Side events and exhibits application manual below.
You need Acrobat Reader to view PDF files.