|Registering participants for sessions||At sessions||Submissions||Update contact details|
This webpage provides information for intergovernmental organizations (IGOs) that have observer status, i.e. that have been admitted by the Conference of the Parties as observers to the UNFCCC.
If your organization is not admitted, information on the admission process can be found here.
List of admitted IGOs
Registering participants for sessions
Admitted IGOs may attend sessions of the Convention bodies as observers provided that they use the Online Registration System (ORS) to nominate and confirm representatives by the set deadlines.
Notification: The secretariat’s usual practice is to post official information for upcoming sessions on the UNFCCC website three months prior to the start date of the sessions. You can find current information on the Notifications page of the UNFCCC website.
Registration: ORS will open upon issuance of the notification/information note which contains the nomination and confirmation deadlines. Designated Contact Points (DCP) of admitted IGOs should use the system to nominate and confirm representatives by the given deadlines. Late nomination and confirmation of representatives after these deadlines will not be accepted.
For further information and guidance on the nominations and confirmation process and using the system, please refer to the ORS User Manual.
For technical assistance when using the system, please contact email@example.com.
For other issues relating to registration, please contact the secretariat through the communication field within the ORS.
- Draft rules of procedure
- Use of cameras and audio/video recording devices
- UN security guidelines Side events and exhibits
- Code of Conduct to address harassment at UNFCCC conferences, meetings and events
- MAS Observers mandate search tool
Making statements at the COP by the head of the organization in the context of the high level segment: If speaking slots for observer organizations are foreseen at the high-level segment, the secretariat will contact the Designated Contact Points (DCPs) of admitted IGOs that register to attend the COP. Please note that speaking slots are for the head of organization only.
Convention bodies often request written input, called submissions, on views and information on various issues under negotiation. These mandates are extended to non-Party stakeholders. Such inputs are channeled through the submission and statement portal. Further information, including on how observer organizations can make and view submissions, are available here.
Update contact details
In order to ensure timely communication, admitted IGOs are to inform the secretariat of any change in their contact details by completing a Contact Details Form for already admitted IGOs and sending it to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note the following:
- Only typed forms sent electronically are acceptable. In case your browser does not support the filling of form fields, you may try a different browser or open the form in a PDF reader supporting this feature.
- Only provide the information which needs to be changed. If information is not changed, please tick "No changes" and leave the respective fields empty.
- Our database cannot carry multiple email addresses for one person.
- Provide the names of persons exactly as indicated on the person's passport.
- A digital signature or a scanned copy are sufficient.
- In case the head of organization changes, please provide official communication to that effect. Please also note that the highest ranking official in an organization should be registered as head of organization.
- The processing of the form usually takes around 5 working days. As changes to the contact details might affect your access to the online systems for registration and side events and exhibits, kindly ensure submission of the form well in advance of relevant deadlines.
- Contact Details Form: English (151 kB) / Français (144 kB) (This form is not for registering for conferences. It is only used to update contacts of organizations that already have observer status!)
For press briefings please consult our website here.
For inquiries regarding observer engagement contact email@example.com