Participation: Open to all Parties and observers attending the Bonn Climate Change Conference - April 2018.
Programme: available here
Background and objectives:
In accordance with decision 7/CP.22, the in-session workshops on long-term climate finance (LTF) in 2017 and 2018 will, with a view to scaling up climate finance for mitigation and adaptation, focus on experiences and lessons learned from:
- Articulating and translating needs identified in country-driven processes into projects and programmes;
- Roles of policies and enabling environments for mitigation and adaptation finance;
- Facilitating enhanced access.
The main objective of the in-session workshops on long-term climate finance in 2017 and 2018 is to facilitate technical and action-oriented discussions on the topics stated above and generate, in the measure possible, concrete findings and conclusions to be considered by the COP. The outcomes will also inform the deliberations at the high-level ministerial dialogue at the COP in 2018.
In addition to achieving the broader objective mentioned above, the workshop’s sub-objectives are to:
- arrive at a better understanding of how climate finance needs identified and assessed by developing countries can be articulated and translated into projects and programmes, including through international cooperation.
- identify steps and actions that can be undertaken to improve access to climate finance.
- achieve greater clarity on the policy and regulatory environment needed to scale-up climate finance.
Following the workshop, a summary report will be prepared by the secretariat.