As part of the Cancun Adaptation Framework, Parties established the Adaptation Committee (AC) to promote the implementation of adaptation actions. The AC provides technical support and guidance to the Parties, and shares relevant information, knowledge, experience and good practices. It has a role in promoting synergy and strengthening engagement with national, regional and international organizations, centres and networks. The Adaptation Committee, in its 2019-2021 workplan, agreed to include the objective of incorporating gender as a cross-cutting consideration into all its activities.
Parties to the UNFCCC have recognized the importance of involving women and men equally in the UNFCCC process and in the development and implementation of national climate policies that are gender-responsive. In this regard, Parties and relevant organizations are invited to submit their views on how to mainstream gender considerations in the national adaptation planning process. Inputs should respond to the following questions:
- What are good examples of lessons learned and best practices in prioritizing/incorporating gender in the process to formulate and implement national adaptation plans in your country or constituency?
- How can gender best be incorporated into adaptation action?
- In your experience, what are remaining gaps related to incorporating gender considerations into adaptation planning and implementation?
- What are useful sources relevant to this topic?
Kindly submit your inputs no later than 15 July 2019.
The inputs will feed into the AC's upcoming deliverables, including a plan on how best to incorporate gender considerations into (1) adaptation action and (2) the AC workplan activities; and an event, in 2020, on identifying gaps and solutions related to incorporating gender considerations into adaptation planning and implementation.
* In the portal, select under the BODY filter: Constituted Bodies (then go to the respective call for submissions).