Registration now open for Africa Carbon Forum 2018
this year part of the first Africa Climate Week, Nairobi, Kenya, 9-13 April
Africa Carbon Forum (ACF 2018), this year part of the first Africa Climate Week, is the best place for business people, policymakers and public sector representatives to learn the latest about the international response to climate change, with a focus on:
- Investing in implementation of Nationally Determined Contributions (NDCs) under the Paris Climate Change Agreement
- Finance for climate action
- Project opportunities for sustainable development.
"Africa Carbon Forum is a well-known, must-attend event about everything to do with markets, mechanisms and finance to drive climate action for sustainable development. It's a great cornerstone event for the first Africa Climate Week."
— James Grabert
Director, Sustainable Development Mechanisms programme
UN Climate Change
First Africa Climate Week
New this year, ACF 2018 will be part of a full week of climate-related events, focused on implementation of NDCs, the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals, and Global Climate Action, including:
- High-level sessions with the Champions of the Marrakech Partnership on Global Climate Action
- High-level ministerial session
- LEDS – Low Emissions Development Strategy – Workshop
- Climate Technology Centre and Network Workshop
- Technical Expert Meeting under UN Climate Change
- Nationally Determined Contributions Partnership Workshop
- Emissions Trading System Simulation.
The outcomes of Africa Climate Week will inform upcoming negotiations under the UN: the 47th meeting of the Subsidiary Bodies in Bonn in May 2018, the 24th Conference of the Parties in Poland in December 2018, and the Talanoa Dialogue under the Paris Agreement.
Reasons to participate in ACF 2018
Africa Carbon Forum connects project developers with foreign investors, carbon market representatives and government representatives, engaging Africa in the global climate finance process.
The annual forum is a “must-attend” event, critical for keeping up with the latest on climate finance, carbon markets and mechanisms.
Now in its 10th year, ACF is the best opportunity for policymakers, business people and public sector officials to build their professional and business networks in Africa.
Finance for climate-resilient development
A major intent of the Paris Agreement is to ensure adequate investment and finance for climate-resilient development. That’s why NDCs and their related challenges and opportunities, with special focus on markets and finance, will be a key focus of ACF 2018.
Participants in ACF 2018 will learn the very latest on:
- Current trends in international carbon markets
- Green finance and project opportunities in the energy, forest and infrastructure sectors
- Innovative technologies to promote sustainable development and climate action
- NDC implementation, challenges and opportunities
. . . and much more!
Join us in Nairobi for Africa Carbon Forum 2018!