Momentum for Change: Women for Results
March, International Women's Day, Christiana Figueres hosted a Twitter chat to talk about how
women can build momentum for stronger climate action. You can read the storified version of the chat
Momentum for Change: Women for Results Trailer
from M4C on Vimeo.
Momentum for Change: Women for Results showcases women-led activities that address climate change.
These “lighthouse activities” will demonstrate measurable impact on the ground, and the
potential for replicability and scaleability at the local, national and international levels.
Momentum for Change: Women for Results is implemented with the generous support of the Rockefeller Foundation.
The United Nations Climate Change secretariat called for activities for selection under Momentum
for Change: Women for Results from 8 March to 26 April 2013, from these activities the Momentum for Change Advisory Panel
will select a small number of lighthouse activities to be recognized during the United Nations
Climate Change Conference in Warsaw, Poland from 11–22 November 2013.
The lighthouse activities will be assessed and chosen against the following selection criteria:
- The activity must address climate change mitigation or adaptation, while advancing the active
leadership and participation of women;
- The activity must have been implemented, or is in the course of implementation;
- The activity must be scalable and/or replicable;
- The activity must demonstrate innovation and potential for long-term transformation change;
- The activity must be the result of an innovative partnership, which aims to achieve scalable,
- The activity must deliver verifiable social and environmental benefits to an identified
community, which has been appropriately engaged in the activity development processes;
- The activity must not be registered or have intentions to register as a CDM or JI activity for
the next 2 years.
Applications will be judged on the basis of the form submitted; the Momentum for Change team may
contact the applicant should further information be sought. For more information see
the terms of
application (214 kB) .
All activities that are considered to have met the selection criteria will be included in the
Momentum for Change website. The information entered into the application form by the registered
applicant, will comprise the basis for the entry, including a link to the activity’s own website.
By submitting your activity to the call, you will provide it with a chance to become a part of a
growing catalogue of climate change mitigation and adaptation activities serving to inspire and keep
people abreast of the change already occurring around the world.