Secretariat staff vision
We support cooperative action by States to combat climate change and its impacts on humanity and
ecosystems. This is our contribution to a sustainable world and to realizing the vision of peace, security and
human dignity on which the United Nations is founded.
Historic Haus Carstanjen where the Marshall Plan was signed
Guided by the Parties to the Convention, we provide organizational support and technical expertise to their
negotiations and institutions and facilitate the flow of authoritative information on the implementation of
the Convention. We are committed to performing these tasks to the highest standards of professionalism and
We strive to be a dynamic team, committed to the promotion of a participatory and caring work environment.
Our respect for each other and our blend of diverse cultures, gender and backgrounds enrich and enhance our
UNFCCC is committed to:
- Making a contribution to sustainable development through support for action to mitigate and to adapt to
climate change at the global, regional and national level.
- Providing high-quality support to the intergovernmental process in the context of the Convention and the
- Creating and maintaining necessary conditions for an early, effective and efficient implementation of the
- Providing and disseminating high-quality, understandable and reliable information and data on climate
change and on efforts to address it.
- Promoting and enhancing the active engagement of NGOs, business and industry, the scientific community
and other relevant stakeholders in our work and processes, including through effective communication.
- Creating and maintaining a caring working environment that is conducive to self-actualization of staff,
information sharing and teamwork and allows the delivery of the highest quality products.