PLAN COLLABORATIVELY, BRING TOGETHER RELEVANT ACTORS, ENCOURAGE COHERENCE OF ACTIONS AND MAKE EFFICIENT USE OF AVAILABLE CAPACITIES
• Create a participatory planning process for adaptation in which vulnerable groups and communities can contribute fully.
• Create an enabling environment in which stakeholders from different sectors can work together to identify synergies to build and strengthen action.
• Build cross-disciplinary links and partnerships to bring new ideas and solutions.
PURSUE LONG-TERM PLANNING FOR SOLUTIONS THAT IMPROVE RESILIENCE AND BRING ENERGY AND MATERIAL EFFICIENCY
• Invest in the development and implementation of innovative technologies and solutions.
• Set the incentives to design products taking a life-cycle view.
• Build capacity for new skills in changing industries and emerging new sectors.
• Harness the power of consumers and local communities to effect the changes in behavior that will be needed over the long term.
USE EXISTING TECHNOLOGIES TO THE FULL
• Make greater use of information technology to track and optimize material flows.
• Design and fund technology transfer activities so that they are tailored to local conditions and include capacity building to make them sustainable.
• Align financing mechanisms and policy incentives to ensure technology implementation, taking into account local conditions.