Coalition for Rainforest Nations (CfRN)
- Sustainability Report
- CD REDD Programme
The CfRN functions as an intergovernmental organization, which provides a forum that
seeks to facilitate consensus within the participating Coalition Nations on issues related to
domestic and international frameworks for rainforest management, biodiversity conservation and
- CfRN Sustainability Report February 2011
- Capacity Development for Reducing Emissions from Deforestation and Forest Degradation by the
CfRN; see also: < Technical Assistance – Training Activities >
Collaborative Partnership on Forests (CPF)
- CPF strategic framework for forests and climate change
The CPF is an informal, voluntary arrangement among 14 international organizations and secretariats
with substantial programmes on forests (CIFOR, FAO, ITTO, IUFRO, CBD, GEF, UNCCD, UNFF, UNFCCC, UNDP,
UNEP, ICRAF, WB, IUCN).
- This strategic framework is a proposal by the CPF for a coordinated forest-sector
response to climate change.
- Global Forest Information Service. For more information, see also: < General Databases
- The "Global Forest Expert Panels" initiative of the Collaborative Partnership on
Forests was launched in April 2007 to provide objective and independent scientific assessments
of key issues in order to support more informed decision-making at the global level. The initiative
is led and coordinated by the International Union of Forest Research Organizations (IUFRO). The
assessments are carried out by thematic Global Forest Expert Panels uniting leading scientists from
around the world.