english | français | español
From 6 to 17 November the following sessions will take place:
The twelfth session of the Conference of the Parties (COP 12)
The second session of the Conference of the Parties serving as the meeting
of the Parties to the Kyoto Protocol (COP MOP 2)
The second session of the Ad-Hoc Working Group on Further Commitments for
Annex I Parties under the Kyoto Protocol (AWG 2)
The twenty-five session of the Subsidiary Body for Scientific and
Technological Advice (SBSTA 25)
The twenty-five session of the Subsidiary Body for Implementation (SBI 25)
The second workshop under the Dialogue on long term cooperative action to address climate change by
enhancing implementation of the Convention
The venue for the sessions is the United Nations Office at Nairobi
Headquarters, United Nations Avenue, Gigiri, Nairobi, Kenya.
Overview schedule of the sessions
The high-level segment, to be attended by ministers and other senior officials, will be held from 15
to 17 November 2006. National statements by ministers and other heads of delegation will be
heard in joint meetings of the COP and the COP/MOP during the high-level segment.
Information for journalists
For information on completing the accreditation process,
please visit the press
and media accreditation section and read our frequently
asked questions (76 kB)
- Please complete the online accreditation form and submit it electronically.
- All other credentials may be sent by fax to (+254-20) 762-1708 or by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. It is not necessary to send photos.
- Double accreditation is not allowed (e.g. as press and delegate, or as press and NGO)
- Freelance journalists and independent TV crews are subject to the same requirements.
Saturday, 4 November 2006 and Sunday, 5 November 2006:
from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m.
Monday, 6 November 2006 to Friday, 17 November 2006: from 8 a.m. to 7 p.m.
- A valid photo ID should be presented to the registration staff.
- As of 5 November 2006, the “no registration, no access” rule shall be strictly
will be enforced throughout the period of the sessions.
- Early registration on 4 and 5 November 2006 is highly recommended to avoid delay on the first
morning of the sessions.
can be collected at the Registration and Press Accreditation Counters located in the Visitors
Pavillion, UNON Main Entrance
- Press badges issued at previous UNFCCC conferences do not remain valid. Members of the press must
be accredited for each meeting.
- Badges are essential in order for participants to gain access to the premises. Press badges allow
access to the entire conference venue and all public meetings and sessions, unless otherwise
indicated for security reasons.
- Press badges may be collected upon presentation of a valid press card and two photo IDs
(passport, driver's license, work ID, etc.) or a photo press pass from the United Nations in New
York, Geneva, Vienna, or Nairobi.
All foreign participants entering Kenya must have a valid passport. Very early
contact with Kenyan diplomatic missions abroad is strongly advised to allow sufficient time for the
request to be processed and the visa issued as appropriate, before departure. Information on
visa arrangements can be found on the UNFCCC web site.
Please also consult the Official Host Country web site.
Please note that journalists accredited to cover the meetings are
responsible for their own travel and hotel bookings. Those who require assistance in making a hotel
reservation in Nairobi should consult the hotel list provided by the Government of Kenya.
The United Nations and the Convention secretariat disclaim all responsibility
for medical, accident and travel insurance, for compensation for death or disability, for loss of or
damage to personal property and for any other costs or losses that may be incurred during travel time
or the period of participation. In this context, participants are strongly recommended to obtain
international medical insurance for the period of participation.