Information for participants
This page is intended to help participants at the Marrakech climate change conference to be prepared
for the sessions, find your way to and around the venue, and to be aware of the logistical
arrangements and services available at the venue. Please note that information will be updated
progressively as it becomes available. It is therefore recommended to check this site regularly for
COP 22/CMP 12/CMA 1 certified under the ISO 20121 standard as first event in
Africa! Click here (129 kB) for more information.
The COP 22/CMP 12/CMA 1 Sustainability Action Plan is available in
English and French.
- There are a number of things to bear in mind which should assist you in preparing for the
Marrakech conference prior to
your arrival. Please follow the link for information related to:
- Consignments and shipping, etc.
- The conference site at Bab Ighli is located approximately 10 minutes away from the Marrakech city
centre and 10 minutes from Marrakech Airport.
- It consists of the main conference area, also known as the “Blue Zone”, and space for
civil society and other participants also known as the “Green Zone”.
- The Blue Zone is the venue where all official activities of COP 22/CMP 12/CMA 1 will take place
during the two-week conference. It is placed under the authority of the United Nations and only
accessible to registered participants nominated by Parties and admitted observer organizations. Blue
Zone facilities include two plenary halls, 30 meeting rooms and three press rooms, as well as ten
rooms reserved for observers. An overview map as well as detailed maps of all individual areas are
available on this COP 22/CMA 12/CMA 1 webpage of
the Kingdom of Morocco.
- The Green Zone next to the Blue Zone is where civil society and others can undertake climate
change-related activities. The Green Zone is under the authority of the Kingdom of Morocco. For more
information, including on how to participate in the activities in and access the Zone,
please consult the general COP 22/CMP 12/CMA 1 webpage of
the Kingdom of Morocco.
- All persons who are registered for the Blue Zone automatically have access to the Green Zone.
Those not registered for the Blue Zone but wishing to access the Green Zone are requested to
register with the Government of Morocco by sending the following details to this email address:
- Full name;
- Name of the organization;
- A copy of your photo ID.
- Detailed information on the rental of office space may be found on the host country website (in the section
“Development and utilization of space”). Any questions on the arrangements may be sent to
the Government of Morocco via the same email address:
- Before the official start of the conference, a number of preparatory meetings will be held at the Palais des Congrès in Marrakech and
the conference site at Bab Ighli.
On-site facilities and services
Check out the special COP 22 weather forecast service
provided by the Moroccan Directorate of National Meteorology, featuring satellite images, past
climate data and an air quality index for Marrakech.