The 2017 UN Climate Change Conference will take place from 6 to 17 November at the World Conference
Centre in Bonn, Germany, the seat of the Climate Change Secretariat. The Conference will be convened
Presidency of Fiji.
The Conference will comprise sessions of:
- the Conference of the Parties (COP 23);
- the Conference of the Parties serving as the meeting of the Parties to the Kyoto Protocol (CMP
- the Conference of the Parties serving as the meeting of the Parties to the Paris Agreement (CMA
- the Subsidiary Body for Implementation (SBI 47);
- the Subsidiary Body for Scientific and Technological Advice (SBSTA 47);
- the Ad Hoc Working Group on the Paris Agreement (APA).
The secretariat, as host of the Conference, is working very closely with the Government of Germany,
the State of North-Rhine Westphalia and the City of Bonn
to make all the necessary arrangements.
All foreign delegates entering the Federal Republic of Germany must have a valid passport.
Participants requiring a visa are strongly encouraged to contact the appropriate consular authorities
in good time. The issuance of a visa for Schengen States may take up to two weeks from the date of
submission of the visa application. To facilitate the issuance of a visa, a copy of the
acknowledgement letter from the Online Registration System (ORS) must be attached to the visa
For more information, please visit the English language website of the
Federal Foreign Office (also available in French and Spanish) and the website of the German
mission where you are planning to apply for your visa.
Participants are advised that obtaining a Schengen visa is contingent on the participant securing
comprehensive insurance that covers the entire stay. If you are travelling more than one time, it is
recommended to directly get an insurance that covers the time period of all intended stays.
Side events and exhibits
The opening of applications for side events and exhibits will be from 18 to 21 July 2017.
Information for observer organizations
The timelines for the registration of delegates through the Online Registration System for COP 23 are tentatively scheduled
- Nomination period: 15 May to 7 July 2017, midnight CET;
- Confirmation Period: 14 July to 31 October 2017, midnight CET.
information on the participation of observer organizations
Information on the venue, the rental of office space for delegations and space for events,
registration for the conference and other services provided will be made available in due course.
For initial information on the conference venue, the City of Bonn and the region please see the links
World Conference Centre Bonn
City of Bonn