round of UN talks on future climate action set to begin in Bonn (153 kB)
From 6 to 18 May
Tel.: (+49-228) 3089-9559
Fax: (+49-228) 3089-9562
Start the application process by submitting the online accreditation
Bona fide representatives of the national and international media can apply for accreditation for the
sessions of the subsidiary bodies, the ad hoc working group and the Dialogue on long-term cooperative
action to address climate change by enhancing implementation of the Convention. Only one accreditation
is required and will cover participation in the sessions of the subsidiary bodies and the ad hoc
Deadline: The deadline for accreditation was Wednesday, 2 May 2007.
Please note that we can still receive accreditation requests received after this date;
however, there could be a delay in processing
For information on completing the accreditation process, please visit the press and media accreditation section.
Only one registration is required and will cover participation in the sessions of the subsidiary bodies
and the ad hoc working group.
- All participants are requested to register upon arrival at the desk located in the Hotel Maritim.
- Press badges may be collected upon presentation of a valid press card and two photo IDs (passport,
driver's license, work ID, etc.) or a photo press pass from the United Nations in New York, Geneva,
Vienna, or Nairobi.
- As of Saturday, 5 May 2007 the "no registration, no access" rule shall be strictly
applied and will be enforced throughout the period of the sessions.
- Early registration on the Saturday, 5 May, is highly recommended to avoid delays.
- Double accreditation is not allowed (e.g. as press and delegate, or as press and NGO).
- Saturday, 5 May, from 3 p.m. to 6 p.m.
- Sunday, 6 May, from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- From Monday, 7 May, until Friday, 18 May from 8 a.m. until 6 p.m.
- Press badges issued at previous UNFCCC conferences do not remain valid. Members of the press must
be accredited for each meeting.
- Badges are essential in order for participants to gain access to the premises. Press badges allow
access to the entire conference venue and all public meetings and sessions, unless otherwise indicated
for security reasons.
Services will be made available to the press during the meetings including: a press center with
workstations and laptop work areas, free Internet access (LAN network), press conference room, adapters
for audio connections in the press conference room and Plenary room 1.
- All foreign delegates entering the Federal Republic of Germany must have a valid passport.
Participants requiring a visa for Germany, or a transit visa, are strongly encouraged to contact the
appropriate consular authorities. The issuance of a visa for the Schengen States may take up to two
weeks from the date of submission of the visa application.
- For more information, please visit the website of the Federal Foreign Office (also available in French and Spanish).
- Please note that journalists accredited to cover the meetings are responsible for their own travel
and hotel bookings. Those who require assistance in making a hotel reservation in Bonn may contact:
Tourismus & Congress GmbH
Telephone: +(49-228) 910-4170
Telefax: +(49-228) 910-4177
Participants who make their hotel reservations through Tourismus & Congress GmbH will receive a
PDF-file (conference ticket) together with the booking confirmation that will enable them to travel
free of charge on the following routes:
- Bus line 670 Airport Köln/Bonn - Bonn Hauptbahnhof (main train station)
- Tram line 66 from ICE-Bahnhof Siegburg to Bonn and Bad Honnef
- All buses and trams within the city zone of Bonn.
The United Nations and the Convention secretariat disclaim all responsibility for medical, accident and
travel insurance, for compensation for death or disability, for loss of or damage to personal property
and for any other costs or losses that may be incurred during travel time or the period of
participation. In this context, it is strongly recommended to obtain international medical insurance
for the period of participation.
UNFCCC Communications Team at SB 26:
Mr. John Hay, Spokesman/Head of Communications and Media
Tel: (+49-228) 3089-9596; mobile: (+49-172) 258-6944
Mr. Alexander Saier, Information Officer
(press conference room) - Request a press
Priority for press conferences is given to delegations and official UNFCCC briefings. Other requests
may be considered on a case-by case basis.
Tel.: (+49-228) 3089-9596; moblie: (+49-151) 5284-2248
Ms. Carrie Assheuer, Public Information and Media Assistant
(interview requests) - Request an interview
Interviews with UNFCCC officials and assistance with contacting delegations.
For interviews with representatives of the Parties to the Convention, please also refer to the list of
National Focal Points.
When requesting an interview, please indicate which media organization you represent and submit a brief
list of questions to be answered.
Tel.: (+49-228) 3089-9596; mobile: (+49-151) 5284-2262