Tel.: (+49-228) 372-7653
Fax: (+49-228) 372-7623
For accreditation, to arrange interviews and for general information, please contact Ms. Carrie
Assheuer, Public Information and Media Assistant: tel.: (+49-228) 372-8073; mobile: (+49-175) 438-1895;
For further information, please contact Mr. Alexander Saier, Information Officer: mobile: (+49-175)
438-1853 or Mr. John Hay, Spokesman/Head of Communications and Media, mobile: (+49-172) 258-6944.
Track the status of your accreditation
The UNFCCC secretariat is launching an accreditation tracking system that will help media
representatives obtain information about the status of their accreditation, while also assisting them
through the process. When you submit the online form, you will receive a special code that can be used
to check the status of your application. E-mail updates will be sent as materials are received or to
remind media persons about outstanding information. Applicants will be advised of the status of their
We hope that this new tool will prove useful in keeping you informed about your accreditation. Comments
and feedback are welcomed.
Accreditation Status Form
Check the status
of your accreditation.
Start the application process by submitting the online accreditation form.
Bona fide representatives of the national and international media can apply for accreditation for the
sessions of the subsidiary bodies, the ad hoc working group and the Dialogue on long-term cooperative
action to address climate change by enhancing implementation of the Convention.
All meetings will be held at the Hotel Maritim, Godesberger Allee, 53175 Bonn, Germany
Deadline: The deadline for accreditation was Wednesday, 10 May 2006. Please
note that accreditation requests received after this date may be considered; however, there could be a
delay in processing.
For information on completing the accreditation process, please visit the press and media accreditation section.
Only one registration is required and will cover participation in the sessions of the subsidiary
bodies, the ad hoc working group and the Dialogue on long-term cooperative action to address climate
change by enhancing implementation of the Convention.
- All participants are requested to register upon arrival at the desk located in the Hotel Maritim.
- Press badges may be collected upon presentation of a valid press card and two photo IDs (passport,
driver's license, work ID, etc.) or a photo press pass from the United Nations in New York, Geneva,
Vienna, or Nairobi.
- As of Saturday, 13 May 2006 the "no registration, no access" rule shall be strictly
applied and will be enforced throughout the period of the sessions.
- Early registration on Saturday, 13 May, is highly recommended to avoid delays.
- Double accreditation is not allowed (e.g. as press and delegate, or as press and NGO).
Saturday, 13 May from 3 p.m. to 6 p.m.
Sunday, 14 May from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m.
From Monday, 15 May until Friday, 26 May from 8 a.m. until 7 p.m.
- Press badges issued at previous UNFCCC conferences do not remain valid. Members of the press must
be accredited for each meeting.
- Badges are essential in order for participants to gain access to the premises. Press badges allow
access to the entire conference venue and all public meetings and sessions, unless otherwise indicated
for security reasons.
- All foreign participants entering the Federal Republic of Germany must have a valid passport. In
addition, in order to ensure customs clearance for any special audio-visual equipment carried or
imported by broadcasting teams, early contact with the consular authorities of Germany is strongly
advised to allow sufficient time for processing before departure for Germany.
- For more information, please visit the website of the Federal Foreign Office (also available in French and Spanish).
Services will be made available to the press during the meetings.
- Please note that journalists accredited to cover the meetings are responsible for their own travel
and hotel bookings. Those who require assistance in making a hotel reservation in Bonn may contact:
Tourismus & Congress GmbH
Telephone: (49-228) 910-4170
Telefax: (49-228) 910-4177
- The United Nations and the Convention secretariat disclaim all responsibility for medical, accident
and travel insurance, for compensation for death or disability, for loss of or damage to personal
property and for any other costs or losses that may be incurred during travel time or the period of
participation. In this context, it is strongly recommended to obtain international medical insurance
for the period of participation.
Press/Media Accreditation FAQsTop
Find quick answers to frequently asked questions about accreditation (220 kB)
UNFCCC Press Office during the sessions:
Tel: (+49-228) 372-8073
Fax: (+49-228) 372-8091