UN Climate Change Talks Set to Lay Out Work Plan for Negotiations Leading up to Copenhagen
Agreement (133 kB)
Note to CorrespondentsTop
arrangements for the Bangkok Climate Change Talks (88 kB)
For queries on accreditation for Bangkok, please contact:
+66 2 288 1482
Bona fide representatives of the national and international media can apply for accreditation for the
Bangkok Climate Change Talks.
Double accreditation is not allowed (e.g. as press and delegate, or as press and NGO). Individuals may
not be registered twice or receive more than one badge.
- All participants are requested to register upon arrival at the UNESCAP premises.
- A valid photo ID should be presented to the registration staff.
- As of Saturday, 29 March 2008 the "no registration, no access" rule shall be strictly
applied and will be enforced throughout the period of the sessions.
- Double registration for the session is not permitted (i.e., State representative
and observer organization representative, or state representative and press/media representative).
- Saturday, 29 March 2008 from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- Sunday, 30 March 2008 from 8.30 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- Monday, 31 March 2008 to Friday 4 April 2008 from 8 a.m. to 6 p.m.
Badges are essential in order for participants to gain access to the premises. They are issued only
upon approval of the accreditation application. For security reasons, all participants are requested to
wear their badges at all times.
All foreign delegates entering the Kingdom of Thailand must have a valid passport. Participants
requiring a visa for Thailand are strongly encouraged to contact the appropriate consular authorities
as soon as possible. For more information, please contact the Thai Embassy competent for your home
country, or visit the website of the Ministry of Foreign
It is strongly recommended that participants obtain international medical insurance for the period of
participation. The United Nations and the Convention secretariat disclaim all responsibility for
medical, accident and travel insurance, for compensation for death or disability, for loss of or damage
to personal property and for any other costs or losses that may be incurred during travel time or the
period of participation.
UNFCCC Communications Team in Bangkok
- Mr. John Hay, Conference Spokesperson, mobile: +66 85 488 7993
- Mr. Alexander Saier, Media Coordinator (TV, Radio and Online Services),
mobile: +66 85-488 7995
- Ms. Carrie Assheuer, Interview requests (UNFCCC officials), mobile: +66 85-488 8300
- Mr. Brian Thomson, Media Information Desk, +66 89 927 1986
- Ms. Ichaya Methasate, Press accreditation, phone: +66 2 288 1482; mobile: +66 86 508 1579