The COP, in its decision
9/CP.19, decided to establish an information hub on the REDD web platform on the UNFCCC website as a
means to publish information on the results of the activities referred to in decision 1/CP.16, paragraph 70
(REDD-plus) and corresponding results-based payments. The aim of this information hub is to increase
transparency of information on both the results-based actions and corresponding payments as well as on the
associated elements of implementation.
In the same decision, the COP also decided that this hub will contain information on and links to the
- The results in tCO2/year and as reported in the technical report;
- The assessed forest reference emission level and/or forest reference level and a link to the
report by the technical assessment team;
- The summary of information on how all of the safeguards are being addressed and respected;
- A link to the Party’s national strategy or action plan as referred to in decision
1/CP.16, paragraph 71(a), as appropriate;
- Information on the national forest monitoring system as provided in the technical annex to the
biennial update report (decision 14/CP.19);
- Information on quantity of results for which payments were received and the entity paying for
The information on results-based payments will be published on the hub in consultation with the developing
country Party concerned.
In establishing this information hub, the COP requested the secretariat:
- To organize an expert meeting on the matters noted above as well as on a format for the insertion of the
information provided by Parties before SBI 41;
- To prepare a report on the expert meeting for the consideration of SBI 41.
The working language of the meeting is English.