Abstract The Communication consists of 7 Chapters:
• Chapter 1: Describe the general features of geography, climate, and socio-economic conditions of Viet Nam in 1994.
• Chapter 2: National Greenhouse Gas Inventory in 1994, and estimated national greenhouse gas emissions to 2020.
• Chapter 3: Analyse the greenhouse gases mitigation options in energy, agriculture and forestry sectors.
• Chapter4: Assessment of the potential impacts of climate change on some major economic activities and response measures.
• Chapter 5: The system of climate observations and some results of climate change research in Viet Nam.
• Chapter 6: Describe the contents of education, training and raising public awareness on climate change.
• Chapter 7: The main orientation of mitigate greenhouse gases through economic development plan of energy, agriculture, forestry sectors.
Notes First national communication. Full text available on the UNFCCC website Submission date: 2 December 2003
Copy number VNM/COM/1 B
Publisher Ministry of Natural Resources and Environment