ADOPTION AND AMENDMENT OF ANNEXES TO THE CONVENTION
1. Annexes to the Convention shall form an integral part thereof and, unless otherwise expressly provided,
a reference to the Convention constitutes at the same time a reference to any annexes thereto. Without
prejudice to the provisions of Article 14, paragraphs 2(b) and 7, such annexes shall be restricted to
lists, forms and any other material of a descriptive nature that is of a scientific, technical, procedural
or administrative character.
2. Annexes to the Convention shall be proposed and adopted in accordance with the procedure set forth in
Article 15, paragraphs 2, 3 and 4.
3. An annex that has been adopted in accordance with paragraph 2 above shall enter into force for all
Parties to the Convention six months after the date of the communication by the Depositary to such Parties
of the adoption of the annex, except for those Parties that have notified the Depositary, in writing,
within that period of their non-acceptance of the annex. The annex shall enter into force for Parties which
withdraw their notification of non-acceptance on the ninetieth day after the date on which withdrawal of
such notification has been received by the Depositary.
4. The proposal, adoption and entry into force of amendments to annexes to the Convention shall be subject
to the same procedure as that for the proposal, adoption and entry into force of annexes to the Convention
in accordance with paragraphs 2 and 3 above.
5. If the adoption of an annex or an amendment to an annex involves an amendment to the Convention, that
annex or amendment to an annex shall not enter into force until such time as the amendment to the
Convention enters into force.