The SBI agreed that requests for submission of information and views could be extended to non-governmental
organizations (NGOs) where appropriate and that they would be made available on the secretariat web site.
(FCCC/SBI/2010/27, paragraph 148 and FCCC/SBI/2004/10, paragraph 104)
We are pleased to present the new NGO and IGO submission webpages, streamlined and categorized by the
negotiating body considering the submissions. Furthermore, in order for the UNFCCC process to benefit from as
many views and information materials as possible, submissions from non-admitted organizations can also be
considered for posting.
In order to ensure the accountability of the organizations making submissions and smooth processing of the
clearance procedure, below are the guidelines for the IGO and NGO submissions:
- Submissions should clearly indicate which mandate they are in response to. For the exact reference,
please see the respective "Message to Parties - Early submission of views and information"
document, available on the Notifications page;
- Name of the organization should be clearly mentioned in the heading;
- Submissions should reflect the views of an organization as a whole and therefore not credit an
- Submissions from individuals will not be processed;
- In case of a submission from a non-admitted organization, the letterhead should carry the logo and
contact details of the organization.
Joint submissions from IGOs and NGOs
The names of the admitted IGOs should be entered alphabetically followed by the admitted NGOs in
alphabetical order and then 'also [on behalf of][in cooperation with]' should be shown before
listing the non-admitted organizations in alphabetical order.
Joint submissions from admitted and non-admitted organizations
organizations should be listed first in alphabetical order and then 'also [on behalf of][in cooperation
with]' should be shown before listing the non-admitted organizations in alphabetical order.
- UN and IGO submissions should be sent in both Word and PDF formats;
- NGO submissions should be send in PDF format only;
- Submissions should be sent to email@example.com, where
receipt will be acknowledged;
- If the submission is from an admitted observer organization, it should be sent by the Designated Contact
Point (DCP) of that organization. The DCP can be found under the contact details of admitted organizations at
the links above.
- If the submission has to be sent by someone else from an admitted organization, then the DCP should be
copied on the email, as an indication to the secretariat that it has been cleared by the DCP. The contact
details of admitted organizations are available here (IGOs and NGOs);
- Submissions will be displayed under the description of the mandate that the submission refers
to and will be in order of date received.
Please note that NGO submissions would not be issued as official documents in order not to expand the volume
of documentation in accordance with the aforementioned SBI conclusions.
All submissions received to-date in response to this and previous messages can be found under the respective