Submissions from observer organizations
The SBI agreed that requests for submission of information and views could be extended to
non-governmental organizations (NGOs) where appropriate and that they would be made available on the
secretariat web site. (FCCC/SBI/2010/27, paragraph 148 and FCCC/SBI/2004/10, paragraph 104)
We are pleased to present the new NGO and IGO submission webpages, streamlined and categorized by the
negotiating body considering the submissions. Furthermore, in order for the UNFCCC process to benefit
from as many views and information materials as possible, submissions from non-admitted organizations
can also be considered for posting.
In order to ensure the accountability of the organizations making submissions and smooth processing
of the clearance procedure, below are the guidelines for the IGO and NGO submissions:
- Name of the organization should be clearly mentioned in the heading;
- Submissions should reflect the views of the organization as whole and therefore not credit an
- In case of a submission from a non-admitted organization, the letterhead should carry the logo
and contact details of the organization. The contact details of admitted organizations are available
here (IGOs and NGOs);
Joint submissions from IGOs and NGOs
The names of the admitted IGOs should be entered alphabetically followed by the admitted NGOs in
alphabetical order and then 'also [on behalf of][in cooperation with]' should be shown
before listing the non-admitted organizations in alphabetical order.
Joint submissions from admitted and non-admitted organizations
organizations should be listed first in alphabetical order and then 'also [on behalf of][in
cooperation with]' should be shown before listing the non-admitted organizations in
- UN and IGO submissions should be sent in both Word and PDF formats;
- NGO submissions should be send in PDF format only;
- Submissions should be sent to email@example.com,
where receipt will be acknowledged;
- If the submission is from an admitted observer organization, it should be sent by the Designated
Contact Point (DCP) of that organization. The DCP can be found under the contact details of admitted
organizations at the links above.
- If the submission has to be sent by someone else from an admitted organization, then the DCP
should be copied on the email, as an indication to the secretariat that it has been cleared by the
- Submissions will be displayed under the description of the mandate that the submission
refers to and will be in order of date received.
A note that has been prepared as a reference tool for Parties to facilitate the early submission of
information and views requested by the COP, CMP, SBSTA, SBI and ADP is available here.
Please note that NGO submissions would not be issued as official documents in order not to expand the
volume of documentation in accordance with the aforementioned SBI conclusions.
All submissions received to-date in response to this and previous messages can be found under the
respective links below: