15 December 1995
SUBSIDIARY BODY FOR SCIENTIFIC AND TECHNOLOGICAL ADVICE
Geneva, 27 February - 4 March 1996
Item 2 (a) of the provisional agenda
1. Arrangements have been made for the second session of the Subsidiary Body for Scientific and Technological Advice (SBSTA) to be held at the Palais des Nations, Geneva, from 27 February to 4 March 1996. Monday, 26 February 1996 has been left free for a workshop on guidelines for national communications from non-Annex I Parties. Consequently, the session will end on 4 March 1996 instead of on 1 March as previously scheduled. The session will be opened by the Chairman of the SBSTA at 10 a.m. on
27 February 1996 in conference room XX.
2. The provisional agenda for the second session of the SBSTA, proposed after consultation with its Chairman and officers, is as follows:
1. Opening of the session.
2. Organizational matters:
(a) Adoption of the agenda;
(b) Organization of the work of the session.
3. Establishment of intergovernmental technical advisory
4. Scientific assessments:
(a) Consideration of the Second Assessment Report (SAR) of the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC);
(b) Cooperation with the IPCC.
5. National communications:
(a) Communications from Parties included in Annex I to the
(i) Progress report on in-depth reviews;
(ii) Elements of the second compilation and synthesis report, (technical aspects);
(iii) Report on guidelines for the preparation of
(b) Communications from Parties not included in Annex I to the
Convention: issues related to the preparation of
6. Activities implemented jointly under the pilot
7. Technology inventory and assessment.
8. Workshop on mechanisms for inputs by non-governmental
9 Longer term activities.
10. Report on the session.
3. The annotations to the provisional agenda will be issued in an
addendum to this document.