Capacity building for the activities of Article 6 coordination team
Sierra Leone belongs to the Least Developed Country Grouping in UNFCCC.
Article 6 was specifically drafted to address the low adaptive capacity in terms of Education, Training and Research. At the just concluded workshop in Bonn 19-21 June which was called to provide a work plan for the implementation of Article6, it seen that there is need for setting up of an institutional framework for the implementation of Article 6. To effectively coordinate these activities, there is need to capacitate this focal point institution for carrying out the needed coordination that is required.
- To organize Regional, Districts and Chiefdom workshops and sensitization on climate change work plan for the implementation of Article 6.
- To coordinate the activities of the various players for the implementation of Article 6.
- To provide support for the institutional setup for the implementation of Article 6.
- To undertake activities that will promote the implementation of Article 6.
- To mainstream objectives of Article 6 in the government.
- The different players of climate change will be able to address the implementation of Article 6.
- A proper functional institution for Article 6 implementation set up.
- Various programmes done for the implementation of Article 6.
- Setting up the coordination office for Article 6.
- Coordinating the activities of the various players of Climate Change activities dealing with Article 6.
- Mainstreaming Article 6 activities in all climate change activities in the country.
- Providing the logistics for the inclusion of projects developed to address the identified programmes of Article 6.
- Empowering relevant state institution to be able to implement these policies and laws on Article 6 on climate change issues participants.
Project Duration: Three (3) years