The Community Enterprise Forum International (CEFI) is a non-profit development and knowledge-management
organisation working towards ensuring sustainable and equitable development. Based in New Delhi, CEFI
works across South Asia directly and through partnerships with development stakeholders, including
communities, governments, NGOs, international institutions as well as private sector counterparts.
CEFI's Climate Resilience Centre (CRC) is a step towards contributing to resilience building to
climate change in South Asia. CRC will collaborate with multiple stakeholders in cities, peri urban areas and
rural regions to develop resilient communities. It will draw attention to issues that need urgent redressal,
will excavate information from knowledge labs to enhance adoption by practitioners, entrepreneurs to climate
proof their operations, reduce adverse impact on people, premises and productivity.
CEFI CRC has submitted two action pledges to the secretariat:
1. Tracking urban climate change hotspots across South Asia
- Development of a platform to exchange research-based knowledge on climate resilient cities. Collaboration
research communities in the developed and developing world to enrich the availability and accessibility of
knowledge resources while enhancing the absorption of knowledge in regular practice by the private sector;
development agencies and public policy.
- Develop community of practice on climate resilient cities – While urban populations increase in
South Asia, the urban
bureaucracy remains isolated from the wealth of research that should inform policy making. Simultaneously
community is conducting research on various aspects of climate change impact, vulnerabilities and
adaptation which is not easily understood or used by the community of practice. Developing the community of
practice is an effort that aims to
enhance organised sharing of knowledge and evolve methods for its uptake by the practice community.
- Consolidation of a methodology for developing networks and engaging stakeholders in advocating and
policy, specifically in the “cities and climate change” domain
- Publication of e-fortnightly on South Asia Climate Change (SACC) Review
2. Pilot initiative on climate change-influenced risk ranking of selective
districts in India
- Build evidence to prioritise policy action towards enhancement of climate variability linked adaptive
resilience in India
Action pledges (94